Tuesday 23 November 2010

Movember and Injuries

So it's all been going on recently, I shall try fit everything in.

Firstly I have been doing Movember this month, where you grow a Mo-ustache for all of November, in aid of Prostate Cancer. So far me and a few colleagues have raised over £300 and it's still growing, which is really good and I'm really happy about.

Secondly I went boarding last week on ramps and rails night, using a new board (after my current dryslope board lost part of her edge, hopefully be able to fix it). Was doing a few big kickers and surprising myself with how well I was landing them. Then things went downhill, crashed a few times, dented my confidence, then the last run I did I fell over my tail as I landed, causing me to slide down on my side - shirt/hoody raised up and I ended up losing a bit of skin from my armpit down to my hip - has now healed nicely but was pretty nasty at the time :-).

Thirdly, work, wow, an interesting blog entry about work? Really? I started my Business Diploma yesterday, my assessor was very nice and helpful, and some how I am actually looking forward to starting a bit of extra work and learning new things. I am also moving positions (hopefully, nothing confirmed) in April next year, so a post more suitable to my skills.

It is now 51 days until we head out to Austria boarding, really am looking forward to it.

And finally, a congratulations to my sister Alison and Peter who got married the other day up a mountain (as you do).