Friday 22 October 2010

Ride Machete 2011 Review

Meet Maria, my Ride Machete 2011 board. She's brand new, shiny, and very pretty indeed.

Took her out for the first time with new bindings last weekend at Milton Keynes snowdome. After first run I was very unsure, probably the nerves of it all, worried about stacking it or destroying her. Got to the bottom happily, then made a few adjustments to the bindings - as was my first time trying these out too.

Second run the nerves had calmed down and I rode a little more aggressive. This was when she started to show me what she could do. The response of the bindings/board was brilliant, I moved my foot and the whole board adapted itself to move exactly where I wanted, felt very light to menouver and turn round onto switch too.

As I continued to ride it, it kept feeling better and better, the sidewalls really make a difference (Slimewalls) and felt it was much harder to catch an edge (I tested this out and eventually stacked it flying over my toe edge, which made me and a few others chuckle).

Thankfully made it off the slope without any skiiers destroying it too which was a huge bonus.

Sadly I didn't get to try to much popping or kickers as there wern't any out, but next time we go I'll make sure there is.